October 21, 2022
Easthampton, Massachusetts – Matthew S. Sosik, president and CEO of bankESB, announced the kick-off of the bank’s 2022 Neighbors Helping Neighbors fundraising drive to help support local food pantries.
This marks the second year of the bank’s annual appeal, inviting bank customers, employees, and members of the community to donate money toward food pantries throughout the month of November. All donations (up to $2,500 per customer) will be matched dollar for dollar by bankESB and the total raised will be divided among participating food pantries across western Massachusetts in communities the bank serves. In 2021, a total of more than $39,000 was raised which equated to $3,000 for each participating pantry.
Donations of any amount are encouraged, and as an added incentive to give, the bank will offer those who donate the opportunity to win a $25 gift card at each of its locations.
“Neighbors Helping Neighbors is a great example of how communities can come together to help others in need,” said Sosik. “bankESB is proud continue this annual giving tradition and thankful to our valued customers and employees who selflessly choose to give.”
Those who wish to participate have until November 30 to make their donations. Checks should be made payable to “bankESB Neighbors” and can be dropped off at any bankESB branch or mailed to:
36 Main St.
Easthampton, MA 01027
The Western Massachusetts food pantries to be supported include:
- Amherst Survival Center Food Pantry
- BUCC Helping Hands Cupboard Food Pantry, Belchertown
- Easthampton Community Center Food Pantry
- Easthampton Congregational Church Food Cupboard & Oasis Kitchen
- Hilltown Food Pantry, Goshen
- Margaret’s Pantry, Holyoke
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors, Inc., South Hadley
- Northampton Survival Center
- Southampton Community Cupboard
- The Best Life Food Ministry, Agawam
- The Chicopee Cupboard
- The Hadley Food Pantry
- The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, Hatfield
- Westfield Food Pantry